Netgen Open Graph
Netgen Open Graph is an extension for eZ Publish CMS that allows simple integration with Open Graph protocol, either official or compatible with Facebook.
Extension source code is available at GitHub.
Extension will, for specified classes and their attributes, output Open Graph meta tags in the page head, as defined in Open Graph specification. The Open Graph protocol enables any web page to become a rich object in a social graph. For instance, this is used on Facebook to enable any web page to have the same functionality as a Facebook Page.
By using Open Graph meta-tags, web pages outputted by eZ Publish can be annotated with defined semantic metadata. Open Graph meta-tags include:
- og:title - The title of your object as it should appear within the graph, e.g., "The Rock".
- og:type - The type of your object, e.g., "movie". Depending on the type you specify, other properties may also be required.
- og:image - An image URL which should represent your object within the graph.
- og:url - The canonical URL of your object that will be used as its permanent ID in the graph, e.g., "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117500/".
- og:description - A one to two sentence description of your object.
- og:site_name - If your object is part of a larger web site, the name which should be displayed for the overall site. e.g., "IMDb".
- og:latitude - e.g., "37.416343".
- og:longitude - e.g., "-122.153013".
- og:street-address - e.g., "1601 S California Ave"
- og:locality - e.g, "Palo Alto"
- og:region - e.g., "CA"
- og:postal-code e.g., "94304"
- og:country-name - e.g., "USA"
- og:email - e.g., "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- og:phone_number - e.g., "+1-650-123-4567".
- og:fax_number - e.g., "+1-415-123-4567".
All configuration is done through one ini file (ngopengraph.ini), allowing for very simple and painless installation and flexible use.
- Unpack the zip archive to extension directory of your eZ Publish installation and activate the extension
- Copy ngopengraph.ini.example to ngopengraph.ini
- Edit your templates to include template files available in the extension (see INSTALL.txt for details)
- Edit your pagelayout.tpl to include additional xml namespaces (see INSTALL.txt for details)
- Edit ngopengraph.ini file to configure the extension. Detailed instructions are within the ini file
- Clean INI and override caches and regenerate the autoload array
Open Graph protocol logo