Simple monitoring extension allowing you to check your website through HTTP
JVMonitoring is a simple extension allowing you to monitor your website through HTTP. You can use free services such as site24x7 to do external monitoring.
JVMonitoring comes with several monitor handlers to check :
- Database (connection, insert, select and delete queries). Warning ! If no connection can be made to your DB server, an uncatchable exception can be thrown avoiding the test page to appear.
- HTTP Access (from the server, using proxy if configured).
- PHP CLI access
- Image handling (presence of GD extension and access to ImageMagick binary if activated in image.ini)
Handlers configuration can be done in jvmonitoring.ini.
Custom handlers can be developped in order to check specific parts of your application.
Currently, the only requirements are :
- cURL extension (compiled with PHP in most cases)
- Access to shell_exec() function
- Download the extension or check it out from SVN and place it in extension/ directory.
- Activate the extension in site.ini or via the backoffice
- Regenerate autoloads for extension classes
- Clear all caches
The monitor page is /jvmonitoring/monitor.