eZ Varnish Login
Makes it possible to use Varnish (Or other reverse proxies/http accelerator that lets you cache or no cache based on the existence of a cookie) and logged users.
This extension was originally developped by me 6 months ago, and André took over it as he needed it for one of his project.
- Cookie to identify if a user is logged in or not.
- Optional cookie for user name (for your ajax / aggressive reverse proxy cache needs)
- Optional cookie to indicate the user is plain member (logged in user that we can cache)
- Optional SSO support using http redirect loop*
- Optional user/edit from 4.1, doesn't need user id as view param (nice for cache)
* To login across several domains using same eZ users, and where all eZ installs have ezvlogin extension setup identically.
For cache purging support, take a look at: all2evcc project
There are two ways to activate the login code (after activating the extension):
- with templates, you can define ezvlogin as design extension to activate the custom user/login templates(see design.ini) that are included, and modify all you templates that links to user/login, user/logout and optional user/edit so they link to the vlogin module instead of user.
use url translation to automatically redirect all the related links to vlogin
Admin -> Setup -> URL translator (4.0.1):
redirect 'user/login' to 'vlogin/login', directly(no redirection), for all languages
redirect 'user/logout' to 'vlogin/logout', directly(no redirection), for all languages
redirect 'user/edit' to 'vlogin/edit', directly(no redirection), for all languages
Sites we know this extension is used on :
If you use this extension and want to be in the list, feel free to inform us :
jrATez.no or arATez.no