eZ Tags is an eZ Publish extension for taxonomy management and easier classification of content objects, providing more functionality for tagging content objects than ezkeyword datatype included in eZ Publish kernel.
eZ Publish 5 (and eZ Platform) bundle implementing eztags field type can be found on GitHub.
Main advantages of eZ Tags extension over ezkeyword datatype
- tree hierarchy of tags
- easy management through eZ Publish admin interface for adding, deleting and editing tags
- easy tagging in object edit interface with tags autocompletion, suggestion and in place addition of new tags
- upgraded tags view interface, similar to content view, providing access to $tag variable (current tag viewed)
- extended attribute filter for content list/tree fetch
eZ Tags is not only able to replace the ezkeyword datatype, but can be used for all taxonomies, including:
- closed classifications which are usually predefined
- open classifications like user tags (usually referred to as “folksonomy”)
- combination of both
Source code for eZ Tags extension is available for download on Github .