Path

ez projects / ezcontentstaging / forum / general / image issue


Image issue

You need to be logged in to post messages in the forums. New users may register here.

Nicolas Gommenginger

Member since:
10 November 2009

Posts: 17

Wednesday 09 January 2013 5:05:07 pm

Hi Gaetano,

I'm working on a website made with eZ Publish Enterprise 4.7, eZ Content Staging 1.0.0 (found on support.ez.no) and a DFS cluster. We have 2 differents eZ Publish on 2 differents servers.
And we have set the staging of all the contents (content, media and users) between those 2 servers.

The issue is that some datatypes are not synchronized. It is the case for the matrix and the image datatypes (maybe some others that I have not tested). On our test environment, the images were synchronized, so maybe it is related to our servers configurations.

I made some tests, and it seems that when the content has an image datatype that is required, the sync of the event fails because of an HTTP error 400 (Bad request).
When a content has an image datatype not required, the sync is working but the image attribute is empty on the destination server. I meen that the attribute has no value (so not even an image file that is not found on the server).

I hope you have an idea of where it could come from.
Thanks,


Nicolas
Up

Gaetano Giunta

Member since:
30 November 1999

Posts: 269

Wednesday 09 January 2013 6:19:21 pm

1. do you also have DFS set up on the dev servers or only in prod?

2. I recommend enabling maximum debug logging in wsproviders.ini.append.php and checking logs of http traffic found in var/log/<siteaccess>/webservices.log

3.if point 2 does not work, could you test using a small image and use a network sniffer such as wireshark to capture the http communication?

Principal Consultant International Business
Member of the Community Project Board

Up

Nicolas Gommenginger

Member since:
10 November 2009

Posts: 17

Wednesday 09 January 2013 6:47:48 pm

How should I set up the wsprodivers.ini file to get more logs ?
I can't find any doc about this config file.
Thanks,

Nicolas
Up

Gaetano Giunta

Member since:
30 November 1999

Posts: 269

Wednesday 09 January 2013 7:52:18 pm

You are right - the extension in fact includes a stripped-down version of the ggwebservices extension to implement the transport layer - but omits to document the ini file....

Here's the original with inline docs: https://github.com/gggeek/ggwebse...blob/master/settings/wsproviders.ini

Principal Consultant International Business
Member of the Community Project Board

Up

Gaetano Giunta

Member since:
30 November 1999

Posts: 269

Friday 18 January 2013 10:49:17 am

PS: after a deeper analysis, it seems that the enterprise version of the extension has been stripped out of the possibility to log the full http communication.
This means that currently the only way to debug the process is to use an http sniffer.
Adding to wsproviders.ini the parameter I mentioned is going to be useless

Principal Consultant International Business
Member of the Community Project Board

Up

You need to be logged in to post messages in the forums. New users may register here.